Q. How do I download enki ebooks to my iPad?
Software required: Bluefire Reader App is available for iPad/iPhone in the App Store and Safari web browser App.
After you install the Bluefire Reader app:
- Use the Safari web browser on your iPad/iPhone to go to enkilibrary.org.
Use the browser that came installed on your tablet (Safari) as
- When you find a title you want to download, click on the CHECKOUT button below the bookjacket image.
- If you haven't logged in with your library card and password, do so.
- A message will pop-up to say you have successfully checked out the item. Close this window.
- Click on the MY ACCOUNT button.
- Click on the "eBooks" link on left menu under "Checked Out".
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button for the item you wish to read on your iPad.
OPEN IN BlueFire Reader:
- A dialog box will open asking you to "Open in".
- Click on the OPEN IN button and select the Bluefire reader.
- The item will download and open your Bluefire reader.
If you need more help or technical support, post your question on this site!
Now you are ready to visit enkilibrary.org to download your eBooks!
- If you are trying to find out how to download a book you've checked out, here's one way of doing it:
1. Go to http://enkilibrary.org/
2. Select your library from the drop-down menu*.
3. Log into your library account.
4. Once you've logged in, you should see your book listed, with an icon next to it, saying "Download."
5. Click on that icon to start the download.
*To do this, click on the little arrow to the right of the library name that you can see in a white box. The drop-down menu will appear. Scroll down the menu until you see the name of your library and then click on that.
- I have an Enki bok checked out and want to read it on my iPad. I downloaded the BlueFire app. I required me to create an Adobe ID, so I did.
When I tried to open the book to Bluefire, Bluefire is asking me for the account I used to download the item. I entered my library account number and password, and it says the account or password is bad.
What account should I use?
- Hi Richard -
Can you please contact us via this form:
http://ccclib.org/askaquestion/overdrive_form.html so that we can get more information from you?
Heidi, Virtual Library
- I am having the same issue. Blue fire is asking me to add the account I used to download the file. Which account should I use?
- When you first download Bluefire Reader you will need to authorize it using an Adobe ID.
To authorize Bluefire Reader, you will need to enter your Adobe Account information in the app’s info page. Bluefire Reader requires authorization from Adobe in order to read books that have been digitally secured with Adobe’s software.
To create an Adobe Account, please visit the Adobe website at http://tinyurl.com/enki-adobeid
The ID and password that you create there will be the same ones that you will use to authorize Bluefire Reader.