Q. How can I download enki eBooks to my Kindle Fire?
DOWNLOADING enki eBooks TO KINDLE FIRE
1. Install Bluefire Reader for Android on your Kindle Fire
- Choose "Settings"on your Kindle Fire (it's the icon that looks like a gear)
- Tap "More"
- Scroll down and tap the setting for "Device"
- In the Device tab, set the option for “Allow installation of Applications” to ON. Tap OK when you see the prompt
- Download the Bluefire Reader app for Android. If you open this page in the browser on your Kindle Fire, you can tap here for the download
- Once the app has finished downloading, tap the Menu icon at the bottom of the screen and tap Downloads
- Tap on the file named “BluefireReader.apk”
- The Fire will ask if you are sure you want to install the app…
- Tap “Yes” or "Install"
- After the installation is complete, look for Bluefire Reader in your Apps collection
Note: Before downloading an eBook, you must authorize this app with an Adobe ID.
- To create an ID, visit this Adobe page.
2. Checkout and Download an eBook from enki Library using the Kindle Fire
- Use the browser on your device to go to the enki Library website.
- Enter your library barcode and PIN (or Last Name) when prompted. The book will be added to the Checked Out Items of eContent Titles listed under "My Account."
- Click the link for Checked Out Items under eContent Titles.
- Click the Download button associated with the eBook you want.
- Complete the action by Downloading to Bluefire Reader. The Bluefire app will open and begin downloading the book.
- After the eBook is finished downloading, select Go To Library if you want to see eBooks on your Fire or Read Now to open your eBook and begin reading.
Returning your enki eBook early
- You can return your eBook early from the BlueFire Reader app. Here are the instructions.
Was this helpful? 4 17
- Amazon tells me Bluefire is not compatible with 'my' Kindle Fire. Wish I knew if there was an alternative app.
- The instructions above have been tested on the Kindle Fire and work well with BlueFire.
- If you install the overdrive media console application for overdrive library books, then enki books will be downloaded by overdrive and can be read there.
- Thanks so much for recommending Overdrive, as you are correct. Kindle did not even have the Bluefire Reader app available!
They need to correct their instructions. This was a real pain to try to figure out.
- Both Bluefire and the overdrive media console downloaded no problem on my 1st gen kindle fire. I just can't figure out how to assosiate my adobe ID with my overdrive app account name on my Samsung Galaxy s5. There is not an option to loving with an adobe ID account on my phone.
- I downloaded and installed Bluefire to iMac Pro and Kindle Fire, then downloaded a book from Enki through Bluefire. I seemed to be able to then transfer the book to my Kindle, and when I view the Kindle from the iMac app, it shows the book is there.
Yet when I launch Bluefire on the Kindle, the book is not listed. It's not in my Kindle's Books list, and it's not listed in Overdrive either.
- After downloading the bluefire app and I tap install, it refuses to install on my kindle fire generation 1. Please help